Treasure Sefton is a project aiming to support wellbeing in Sefton by using chat & creative activity to forefront positive experiences of our surrounding & community.
We want to celebrate Sefton, to create an ongoing portrait of the region’s people, places and services, and to amplify voices with lived experience of mental health issues, through exhibitions & social media.
We meet on the first & third Tuesday afternoons each month, in a relaxed, welcoming environment. Anyone with experience of mental health issues (personal, professional or otherwise) is welcome – no referral required.
Telephone 0151 920 0726
Find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter – #TreasureSefton
- STRAND BY ME – Strand by me is a Community & Health Services shop located at the Strand Shopping Centre, offering a wide range of services including developing hospitality and bringing people’s skills together.
A Place of Welcome – drop in for a cup of tea and a chat.
Open: Mon-Fri 10am – 4pm
Location: Ground Floor of the Strand, 73 The Hexagon, Bootle Liverpool, L20 4SZ
- BRIGHTER LIVING MEN’S GROUP – This group is open to all men from across the local community who wish to take part in a variety of exciting activities such as gardening, physical activity, talks and so on. This group is relatively new, so we are still looking for more people to participate. We are looking to expand and offer a men’s shed initiative in the near future too so watch this space!
Location: Southport Community Centre, Norwood Road, Southport, PR8 6HQ
Telephone: 01704 517810
- COMMUNITY CONNECTORS – Community Connectors Community Champions are a team of volunteers who are local people with a passion for helping people in the local community, linking them to social groups and activities, meet new friends as well as share information, skills and knowledge.
It is a very varied and flexible role, with no set hours or tasks as the work depends very much on individuals. There are many opportunities to get involved, as much and as often or as little as can be managed, and fit around existing commitments.Community Champions are very much local heroes, already working in the community or wanting to become more involved. Some work may be one to one, others may be the friendly welcoming face of a group or service, but it may even just be as simple as spending time having a cuppa and chat with someone.
Contact: Hannah Bland – Community Connector Southport & Maghull/Lydiate
Telephone: 01704 517814
Telephone: 0151 920 0726
- MACMILLAN – SOUTHPORT & FORMBY – The Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Centre provide a free, confidential drop in service for anyone affected by cancer. This includes people who require information about cancer; have a cancer diagnosis; are living with and beyond cancer; are looking to reduce the risks of cancer or are a care, relative or friend of someone with cancer. No-one should face cancer alone, with our help you don’t have to.
Open: Monday – Friday 10am – 4pm
Location: 20 Stanley Street, Southport PR9 0BY
Telephone: 01704 533024
Mobile: 07976 167188
- MOBILE CRAFT 4U – Suitable for 7 years olds or 90 year olds, we can devise a fun and focussed crafting workshop for you that’ll allow participants to leave with a finished object that they’ve made themselves- whatever their level of experience.
- THE BRAIN CHARITY – The Brain Charity offers emotional support, practical help and social activities to anyone with a neurological condition and to their family, friends, and carers. We aim to be: Person-centered, Empowering, Respectful, Confidential, Committed, and Collaborative, inclusive, pioneering.
Location: The Brain Charity, Norton Street, Liverpool, L3 8LR
Telephone: 0151 298 2999
- THE BOWERSDALE RESOURCE CENTRE – The Bowersdale Resource Centre is a Day Centre owed and run by Expect Ltd. The Centre offers a drop in facilities and activities for people living with mental health needs and learning disabilities designed to promote and encourage daily living skills.Referral Process – Referral forms are available direct from the Centre. Referrals accepted from Mental Health professionals and/or Social care professionals (Mental Health).
Open: Monday & Friday, 9am – 4.30pm // Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 9am – 7.30pm
Location: Crescent Rd, Seaforth, Liverpool L21 4U
- ART BY ME – An arts 7 crafts group meeting at Strand By Me in the Bootle Strand Shopping Centre. Meet, friends, unleash your creative side and relax.
Open: Every Monday 10 am – 12 noon
Location: Strand By Me, Ground Floor, Bootle Strand Shopping Centre, Bootle, L20 4SZ
- VETERANS IN SEFTON – Veterans in Sefton, has established a drop in, telephone or email service, to refer in to the project for both serving and non-serving personnel.
Location: The Brunswick Youth and Community Centre, Marsh Lane, Bootle, L20 4JQ
Telephone: 0151 933 0800
- ORRELL PARK BAPTIST CHURCH – A friendly community of around 100 people. We are a congregation of mixed ages from 2 to 94. We offer activities throughout the week for all the family
Location: Whinfield Road, Liverpool, L9 8BD
- FERNLEY RESOURCE CENTRE – Fernley Resource Centre provides a unique and specialised day support service for adults with learning disabilities, people who have complex and multiple disabilities and associated health care needs.The Resource Centre has been purposefully designed to be vibrant, fun and stimulating for the people we support and is located within the beautiful surroundings of the pinewoods.
Open: Mon – Fri, 8.30am – 4.30pm
Location: St Joseph’s Prayer Centre, Blundell Ave, Formby, L37 1PH
Telephone: 01704 835702
- WOODVALE & AINSDALE COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION (WACA) – Woodvale & Ainsdale Community Association (WACA) is a registered charity in Woodvale, Southport. We provide daytime and evening activities for people of all ages and some school holiday activities for children and young people in the local community. We pride ourselves on being able to provide quality services for all members of the community as well as a welcoming place for people to come and make new friends.
- LIVING WELL SEFTON – Living Well Sefton is a FREE service with a focus on supporting people with issues that may be affecting their health and wellbeing. It is collaboration of various Sefton organisations which have the expertise and knowledge to share with you.As part of the service, there are a number of Living Well Mentors to talk to and they work with you on a one-to-one basis to identify health areas to see where small tweaks can be made but may have a big impact on improving your health.
Location: Burlington House – Crosby Road North – Waterloo – L22 0LG
Telephone: 0300 323 0181
- ORIGAMI PULSE – Improving Life, one fold at a time…
We are a registered Community interest Company dedicated exclusively to the art and science of Origami. We are a highly motivated, experienced and enthusiastic team who advocate passionately the mental health benefits of the practice of Origami.
- HESKETH CENTRE CYCLING GROUP – Recharge and refresh your mind and body with a gentle social cycle ride with the Hesketh Centre Merseyscare Team. The speed of the ride is always kept to an easy pace and we never leave anyone behind.The rides cover a variety of routes around the Southport area and include a café stop to refuel. Bikes are also available for use.
Telephone: 01704 383110
- JOB CENTRE SEFTON – Jobcentre Plus is an organisation that helps people to get either jobs, benefits or both.This office now offers services to a whole range of people, from the employers advertising jobs, unemployed people looking for work, part time employees looking to get more work, students and school leavers looking to enter the job market and people with special needs who need a bit more assistance in getting a job.
Locations: Bootle, Bootle Park House, 218 Stanley Road, Bootle, L20 3PN
Crosby, Hougoumont House, 29 Hougoumont Avenue, Waterloo, L22 0PB
Southport, Eastbank House, Eastbank Street, Southport, PR8 1HE
Telephone: 0800 169 0190
- BUTTERFLIES – Butterflies group is open to all women, whatever their story or background, currently under the care of the Hesketh Centre. We meet once a month in a safe environment, to have fun, make friends, and do a variety of activities (crafts, cake decorating, watching movies etc.)We aim to promote self-confidence, self-reliance, community participation, good health and wellbeing, and social skills.
Open: 2pm – 4pm, last Tuesday of the month
Location: Garden room/Conservatory, Hesketh Centre, Albert Road, Southport, PR9 0LT
Telephone: 01704 3831110
- MINDFULNESS ARTS – Mindful Arts run creative workshops that focus on nurturing wellbeing. Mindfulness is a way of entering the present moment and watching life unfold without judgement. It is a way to calm your busy mind and focus your attention. With a mindful approach to creativity we can let go of any expectations and just see what happens!Our workshop incorporates meditation, discussion and interacting with natural forms such as rocks and shells, using all of our senses to gather inspiration.
Come with us and enjoy a creative exploration with no pressure involved.
Telephone: 07941 155 968