People Plus are delivering a basic money guidance service at Southport Community Centre.
The service comprises of basic guidance on the following areas:
• Eligibility for benefits including disability/illness benefits
• Benefit sanctions, how to appeal, other benefits available
• How to get help and potential options available
• Looking at ways of cutting costs.
• Budgeting for the first time
• How to budget for a change in circumstances
Homes & Mortgages
• Renting for the first time
• Housing benefit for private and housing association
• Saving a deposit for a mortgage
Pensions & Retirement
• Changes to State Pension payments/age, pension credits etc
• Comparing annuities/pension funds
• Planning for retirement
To make an appointment to use this service please contact Southport Community Centre directly on 01704 517 810.